Wednesday, May 23, 2018

The Art of the Deal: Trump America’s ‘negotiator-in-chief,’ what voters wanted ‘times 10’


From the Washington Examiner:
In a break from past administrations, President Trump is using brass knuckles to personally cut deals on trade, military burden sharing, diplomacy, domestic energy production and regulations that aides describe as unprecedented and propelling an economic boom. 
In several detailed to Secrets, Trump has confronted world leaders in Oval Office meetings to demand better treatment and pushed his Cabinet secretaries to weigh decisions in favor of taxpayers, according to officials. 
“Everything that the American people hoped for when they cast that ballot for change for a new kind of leadership in Washington, everything that they hoped they would get, I am telling you that they not only received it, but they’ve gotten it times 10,” said senior aide Stephen Miller. 
“Donald Trump is the lobbyist for every had working American,” he said, eager to counter some bad press to describe Trump’s hands-on style.
GO READ THE WHOLE THING. 

7 comments:

Pete Rowe said...

I didn't vote for Trump in 2016, but I will do so in 2020. He has impressed me in every phase: judicial nominations, fiscal and economic policy, foreign policy.

Pastorius said...

Pete,
Check this out:

http://ace.mu.nu/archives/375403.php

Pete Rowe said...

That is about where I was coming from on Trump. I was just not sure where he stood on anything. I am now.

Pastorius said...

You might remember, I made fun of Trump pretty consistently when he first announced, and for months after that.

What turned me around was, I gradually realized that THE MORE A GOPer HAD FEIGNED REAL CONSERVATIVISM ONLY TO VOTE AGAINST THE AMERICAN PEOPLE TIME AND TIME AGAIN THE MORE THEY HATED TRUMP.

That got me to start thinking.

The kicker was when I heard Trump talk about getting rid of corruption and theft in the American military budget - and other budgets -- so that the money could be used to make America strong.

Then i knew that that was the reason the man was hated.

It also confirmed for me what i had increasingly suspected, which is/was that people like McCain, and the other GOPers really hate us.

They really hate us.

They are scum.

Look at them now. None of them stand for Trump when there is a coup being enacted against.

These people hate America and Americans.

One could say, oh, no, all they want is power and money.

I say, ie, they hate us, because we stand in there way.

And they hate Trump even more.

Fuck them.

thelastenglishprince said...

I voted for him because I wanted real change in Washington. Being a risk-taker, I found him to also be a risk-taker and a breath of fresh air. Thank God we did not end up with Jeb-I-am-ready for-my-taxidermy-consult or Hillary-the-sociopath.

Pastorius said...

Yes, thank God.

Always On Watch said...

Pasto,
You know when I had my moment of epiphany: October 12, 2015, when I sat down for that face-to-face with a particular GOP "pundit/journalist." The day is coming when I can ethically reveal what I learned -- not that I need to do so. All of it is on parade now with the various revelations about how deep and wide the Washington Cesspool is. And that cesspool includes a lot of the GOPe and their cohorts and groupies.